Woman claims hubby battered her during pregnancy

10:55 Unknown 0 Comments

A 20-year-old woman has begged the court to dissolve her marriage as she claims her husband abandoned and assaulted her while she was pregnant.
 
A 20-year-old housewife, Vivian Camillo, has accused her husband of abandonment and battering while she was pregnant.
In a Tuesday, January 27 sitting at the Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State, Vivian Camillo urged the court to dissolve her one-year-old marriage with 31-year-old Carlo Camillo.
Vivian claimed that when she got pregnant, her husband Carlo Camillo has abandoned her and even beat her.
He batters me even during this pregnancy. I almost lost it but God saved me as I had to run away from home so that he does not kill me. He stopped giving me food when I was still living with him. In fact, he stopped me from entering his kitchen. He has also promised to enroll me in a higher institution, but he failed to do so,’’ Vivian told the court.
Vivian also accused her husband of infidelity as she told the court that she met another woman in her husband’s apartment the last time she visited to pick her property.
Vivian urged the court to dissolve the union, saying she was no longer in love with him and was tired of the incessant battery.
Camillo who is a supplier of granite, did not deny the allegations, admitting to the court that he beat Vivian only out of frustration.
He also admitted of cheating on his wife because he didn’t love her again.
The case has been adjourned to until Friday, February 27 by the President of the court, Olu Adebiyi, who is giving the couple a chance at reconciliation.
Source:Steve Dede: pulse.ng, re-posted by Abdulgafar Esho (www.econsforumnews.blogspot.com)

0 comments: