Mo’Nique: Actress says she was "blackballed" after Oscar win

09:34 Unknown 0 Comments

'I was ‘Blackballed’ after Oscar win" - Mo'Nique opens up on not getting major roles after Oscar win.
'I was ‘Blackballed’ after Oscar win" - Mo'Nique
Actress and Comedian, Mo’Nique, has been absent from major films since her Oscar win in 2010, when she received an Academy Award for her role in the movie 'Precious'.
In a recent interview with Hollywood Reporter, the actress who thought that an Oscar would come with more respect, choices and money, says she was blackballed after Oscar win.
During the interview, the actress recalls her conversation with with producer and director Lee Daniels.
"And he said to me, 'Mo'Nique, you've been blackballed.' And I said, 'I've been blackballed? Why have I been blackballed?' And he said, 'Because you didn't play the game.' And I said, 'Well, what game is that?' And he gave me no response.' " - She said
"I'll say this: Whenever you do see me on TV again, or in the movies, you'll know somebody played me fairly."
"Whoever those people are who say, 'Mo'Nique is difficult,' those people are either heartless, ruthless or treat people like they're worthless. And that's unacceptable," - She added.
Source:Chidumga Izuzu: Esho Wemimo: pulse.ng, re-posted by Abdulgafar Esho (www.econsforumnews.blogspot.com)

0 comments: