Ebola Survivor, Kent Brantly Describes His Ordeal

06:23 Unknown 0 Comments

Kent Brantly, A US survivor of the Ebola Virus has described his ordeal at a Senate Meeting in Washington DC, US.
The Ebola survivor and doctor reportedly got infected while working as a medical missionary in Liberia.
Describing his horror as a victim of the Viral disease, he says:
On July 23, I started to feel ill. Three days later, I learned that I had tested positive for Ebola Virus Disease. I became a patient, and I came to understand firsthand what my own patients had suffered. I was isolated from my family, and I was unsure if I would ever see them again. Even though I knew most of my caretakers, I could see nothing but their eyes through their protective goggles when they came to treat me. I experienced the humiliation of losing control of my bodily functions and faced the horror of vomiting blood-a sign of the internal bleeding that could have eventually led to my death.
Brantley also agonized over the fact that the International community did not take any action since the outbreak of the disease over  9 months ago. They only stepped in when he and his colleague, Nancy Writebol got infected in July.
Since that time, there has been intense media attention and therefore increased awareness of the situation on the ground in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and neighboring countries, he said.

0 comments: